Diverse Northern California Vacations Offer Countless Escapes
Finding the cooler California vacations for you...
orthern-California-Vacations.com is a fast-growing travel and leisure website that does your vacation research for you. We use our background in travel journalism combined with our personal knowledge of the region to bring you the best information we can find.
You'll find our website easy to navigate and fun to read, with plenty of "insider" tips, original e-zine articles and photos, plus interactive opportunities. We work with valued partners to offer you money-saving opportunities. When planning your next trip, we hope you'll look on us as a trusted and experienced friend who can help you make the most of your vacation. Bon Voyage!
Pick Your Northern California Getaway
If it’s “scenic,” “breathtaking,” “awe-inspiring,” or “jaw-dropping,” it must be Northern California.
Plan a visit to this one-of-a-kind region, and you’ll see why those of us who are lucky enough to live and play here regard Northern California as the Golden State’s “cooler half.”
From cosmopolitan San Francisco to the rugged, snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, from the esteemed wineries of the Napa Valley to the glacially carved domes of Yosemite National Park, it’s all right here. Dozens of iconic natural and man-made wonders -- all located within an easy drive from one another – define one of the most geographically and culturally diverse regions on the planet.
Best of all, you can pace your Northern California escape as fast or as slow as you want to. In the span of a weekend, you could hit world-class ski slopes with knock-your-socks-off views of Lake Tahoe, ride a bike on miles of trails along the American River, and spend the night at a romantic bed and breakfast on the coast –- or wherever your whim leads you.
Living in Northern California, we love to unwind and explore in our own backyard. Our goal is to share our favorite vacation hot spots with you as though we’re talking to a good friend. Using our personal Northern California experiences, combined with our background in travel writing for local publications, we’re able to provide you with “insider” information you won’t find anywhere else.
To plan and enjoy your next Northern California adventure, you’ll find everything you need to know on our website, including:
- Top Northern California attractions
- Under-the-radar – but just as fun – attractions, shopping, and recreation
- Local events and festivals
- Lodging and dining
- Golf courses
- Day spas
- Tips for getting there, getting around, and getting back home
- Maps to locate all the Northern California hot spots
- Northern California vacations deals and discounts to help you save money
Stay tuned as we pack this Northern California site full of information, and keep in mind that we’re always striving to stay current. So expect things to change often!
Oh, and do remember to wrestle your breath back from the giant sequoias and pick up your jaw from the scenic shoreline -- or wherever your awe happens to be inspired.
Now, Something Special for
Northern California Vacationers
We're thrilled to bring you our Northern California Vacationer e-zine.
In it you’ll find first-person stories and photos describing our adventures as tourists in Northern California’s cool hotspots, as well as interviews with the region’s culture mavens and other intriguing personalities.
Simply enter your email address and first name and we'll add you as a subscriber to our quarterly Northern California Vacationer e-zine.
Table of Contents
Below you will find information on some of the great Northern California hotspots.
Check out the Northern California Vacationer
- About Us
- About Us for Northern California Vacations.com
- Northern California Vacations - Contact Us
- Have a comment or question regarding our web site?
- Northern California Vacations Blog
- The Northern California Vacations Blog keeps you up-to-date with new additions as well as current updates on local hotspots! Subscribe here.
- Cooler, Wilder Northern California Beaches Are Worth Exploring
- Forget bikinis. Northern California beaches have delights all their own, from whale watching to seaside amusement-park rides. Discover how to find the best beaches, what to do, and where to stay.
- Strike It Rich on a California Gold Country Getaway
- Follow in the footsteps of the old prospectors as we take you on a tour of California Gold Country. Discover gold mines, quaint gold-rush towns, ghost towns, and charming Victorian hotels. You can ev
- California's Mt. Shasta, Lake Shasta Offer Fun by the Boatload
- You'll find unparalleled opportunities for recreation in California's Mt. Shasta and Lake Shasta regions. We share tips on houseboating, fishing, lodging, and more.
- Big, Blue Lake Tahoe California is a Marvel to Behold
- We challenge you to stop finding ways to enjoy a Lake Tahoe California summer or winter. But where would be the fun in that? In this mountain wonderland, you just have to play. Let us show you how.
- Napa Valley vacations, Remember the Four S’s: Swirl, Sniff, Spit … and Swoon!
- Want the secret to the art of living well? Here’s your window to the Napa Valley vacations lifestyle, including the top things you MUST do to cultivate a more civilized you.
- Towering California Redwoods Nourish the Soul
- Update: Spending time amid the famous California Redwoods heals body, mind, and spirit. We give you ideas on how to savor the experience.
- Sacramento Tourism Offers Visitors Many Options
- See what Sacramento tourism has to offer! California's Capital City is a magnet for history buffs, recreation enthusiasts, art lovers and anyone in search of a great meal.
- Count on San Francisco Vacations to Steal Your Heart
- Sure, everybody rides a cable car, crosses the Golden Gate Bridge, and hangs out at Fisherman’s Wharf. But San Francisco vacations can be so much more than that. We’ve got the info.
- Discover the Grandeur of Yosemite California
- Nature's greatest showstoppers converge at Yosemite California, one of the first and most popular national parks. Know where to stay, what to see and do.
- Advertise with Us
- Advertising with Northern California Vacations
- Northern California Maps
- Northern California Maps - For many, maps are still the way to go.
- NCV Marketplace
- Northern California Vacations Marketplace
- Northern California Travel Books
- Travel books can be found on Northern California Vacations via Amazon.com.
- Travel Gadgets
- Travel gadgets are electronic devices that provide travel assistance and record fond memories.
- Travel Tales
- Travel Tales is a directory of travel articles
- NCV Travel Tips
- Your NEW source for unique, useful, fun travel tips focused on Northern California